My Favorite (and EASIEST!) Breakfast Ever
This dish may look like it's hard to do first thing in the AM, but let me tell ya...it takes less than 10 minutes to make.
You can use other greens, like kale, collards, dandelion greens, mustard greens...any green that you LOVE!
I always like to switch things up, but I will say, those other greens, you'll need to chop up before adding it to the mix. With the spinach, you don't. :)
So, what I do, is prep those 'other' greens on the weekend so I can just saute them up real quick during the week.
But, here's why I'm LOVIN' spinach with my egg these days.
When I mix it up like this, it reminds me of my favorite breakfast dish...eggs benedict/eggs sardou.
I make an eggs benedict with creamed spinach. So I'm not really sure what to title it, but it's a mix of both the benedict and the sardou (minus the artichoke).
But anyway...when I cut it up like this...
It reminds me of eggs benedict-sardou. Something I can't make from scratch all the time.
The way the creaminess yolk mixes in with the creamy spinach. ..oh-so GOOD!
It's definitely something I gobble all up, as you can see. :)
But yeah...super EASY!!
Just heat up the skillet. Throw in some butter and coconut oil. Add in some fresh spinach. Saute for 3 minutes or so. I don't let the spinach get too wilted. Place on plate.
Add in one egg. Cook until you think it's at the point to your liking...I make sure the yolk doesn't cook through. Place on top of spinach.
Add your favorite fruit, english muffin with peanut butter, glass of milk, green juice, bacon, canadian bacon...anything you LOVE on the side...and you have a BEAUTIFUL, QUICK and EASY breakfast.
My daughter doesn't like her eggs this way, so I just make her a scrambled egg real quick. Easy peasy!
So if you look at my pictures and think, "Dang, how does she do it?"
Well, there you have it. I only cook and bake delicious, tasty, beautiful, quick and EASY!
Good Morning, Sunshiny Egg with Spinach
1 handful, fresh spinach
1 tablespoon, butter
1 tablespoon, coconut oil
dash, sea salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat skillet to medium heat.
2. Add butter and coconut oil.
3. Add spinach. Let cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Just until leaves are cooked, not wilted. Once cooked. Place on your favorite serving dish.
4. Keep skillet on medium heat. Add egg. Cook until your desired liking. Usually so the yolk is runny. So about 4 to 5 minutes...or less, depending on your stove.
5. Place over spinach.
6. Add your favorite side....fruit, toast, juice, milk, hot water with lemon...anything. :)
7. Turn off all distractions, sit down by yourself or with your kids, family and/or friends, take a few deep breaths, say how much gratitude and LOVE you have for your food, your family, your life and DIG IN, slowly and savor the deliciousness!
Variations: Cook up some chopped bacon or canadian bacon and add into spinach. Choose different greens...kale, collards, etc. Mix with scrambled eggs instead of sunny-side up.
What's your favorite (and EASIEST!) breakfast?
Until next time...
Life IS...LOVING what you eat and eating what you LOVE! SAVOR it up! :)